Thursday 15 December 2011

THE UNEXPECTED FRIEND

In life, certain things come without even knocking the door…. We always wonder, who gives the permission… But if the things prove good for us, we forget about when and how they entered our life…isn't it ! This is also about such an ‘entrance’, how an unknown person became a very good friend of mine …..
          Everything began in FB…(oopsy….no confusions, its facebook)….To be frank, things are still going on in Facebook and I was new to it …And I hardly knew what to do with such a social networking site….And like everyone else out here, I too started searching for my old classmates, batch-mates etc….I swear to god, I searched only for them…..
        Likewise one week passed…..And I succeeded in making nearly 195 friends….these include my cousins, juniors, seniors and class mates..And I was kinda, on the run to increase the number of friends in my friends list…But didn’t dare to send a friend request to someone I didn’t know….
            I too used to get many such friend requests… And most of them were boys… As it’s a common thing in social networking sites these days, boys searching for girls and  vice-versa……I am no one to question it, and I am not daring too….. but exceptional cases could also be there, like  me…… Most of those unknown friend requests are still left unattended ….
            And that was the day…..To my surprise I got a poke, that day…when I saw the name in my gmail notification, I thought why did this girl poked me…with hell lot of confusions, I opened my FB account. Though this poke didn’t hurt me physically, I must say I was hurt… And when I checked the account it was a boy !!….I could never imagine a boy poking me, and that to an unknown one… how dare he do that..
             To be frank, at that time I didn’t lose my temper for poking me. Instead I felt sad….The first thought that came to my mind was, does this boy hate me? But he can’t hate me without knowing me right…so I consoled myself…Then what could be this boy’s problem…..I dared to ask him openly…..
And I asked him too……
It all began then n there……..
             He was kinda cool guy…But provoking kind….His each message provoked me to reply back….But was not ready to accept what he has done…..He really did have a good sense of humor, and many a times I found myself laughing unknowingly…..
          At last I ended up giving my gmail-id for chatting. Can’t imagine me doing that right? Hmmm, actually even I couldn’t imagine. But I gave it, with no second thought…And to be open, I was asking myself a 100 times, why the hell am I chatting with someone whom I don’t even know….. But, chatting with him was lots of fun. So I conveniently pushed back all those popping thoughts….
           In the mean time, he even sent a friend request too..But I think it was my ego that didn’t allow me accept it for a couple of days…Every time he reminded me about his request, seemingly I was ignoring it. But in heart of hearts, I felt like accepting it then and there, but just did some show-off for two days, that’s all. The third day, I accepted it, during the lunch time….
              I was too happy to get such a friend…..I don’t  know whether I can address him as friend, as it was just two or three days since we’ve met. For the convenience sake, let’s call this Mr.Unexpected as a  friend….But to be frank, I really do consider this Mr. Unexpected as friend…(no comments please !)
           Who doesn’t like to have such a friend, who is understanding, caring, considerate, jovial, cool etc etc…..?? It’s almost like he is a mirror image of myself….Our likes, our dreams, our thoughts all come under a single umbrella. And to be true to myself, you rarely find such so called ‘coincidences’.
              But there are differences too…. He loves mathematics, whereas I just hate it…. And I am yet to find other differences…But in fact differences are nothing in friendship…As understanding these differences makes “just-friends” the “best friends”. Isn’t it !
         Though it was just two or three days, I get a strange feeling that we knew each other from our childhood. For your kind information, this was his comment and not mine… But what he said was almost true….we feel too good talking to each other.. relaxed….And you know what, time just flies while talking to him….
            He is different from any other boy I have seen out there. He respects others emotions and feelings. The quality you hardly see in other boys, right ? Yes that’s why I say he is different…
            And to the girls out there, the one who marries him is the luckiest on earth. I swear girls…..He will consider you as the princess of his heart….What more do we need in this earth??? eh?? And ‘Congratulations’ in advance to that princess, whom he is waiting for….
            As a friend I sincerely pray for him, to get all his wishes fulfilled. Because he really deserves a lot more than you think…  I’m thankful to FB, for giving such a wonderful friend. This simply proves that unexpected things are not always bad….And they are wonderful sometimes…. Just like this friend…
         And one day, while chatting he told, he has sent his angel to get my mobile number from me in person….And I thought may be really angels do work for such good hearted people ! And every day I peep through  my window in the night just to see whether any angel is waiting to get in…. But, none came yet..So I am still waiting for that angel, though I know angels can’t come…

16 comments:

  1. Read ur blog ... looks very good for a beginner .. i liked ur narrative style in particular and flow of ur language !

    good luck .. keep going ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this one seemed to use words which came naturally. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mr.Sunshine...thanks for the support extended to me.....Wil try my best.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. the thoughts just flowed like a rain from an open sky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank u Desk of Happiness Coach,
    Actually the real rain is on the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Your Article is a true one.You write the actual thing of every FB account holder.In this FB really though we don't know some person but we always eagerly waiting while that body will online.We wants to chat,wants to talk,wants to share everything with Him/Her.Even we left all our works for ...& spend dour time in FB.Anyway it is very good.Keep on writing.Sarita..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarita,
    I am really thankful to u for reading it,n expressing your opinion....Thanks for the comment.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Your blog makes a light and easy reading yet the yearning of every heart for the true love and care has been captured in these few lines. This is so much to ask from someone who is writing her first blog. keep going; it gives the pleasure of experience while writing and the joy of a beautiful memory thereafter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Panduranga Rao Sadhu,
    Its much more nice wen we get such inspiring comments like this.....
    Thanks a lot......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello IW,
    I really enjoyed your first blog(Unexpected Friend) soooo much. Before i could comment on it, today found this article(The Emptiness) which made me feel the pain u were mentioning. I was sure from the first blog about the relation with that beautiful friend - that it must be a true story, very much real and sweet indeed! Now i m afraid after reading the painful article that it should not be the pain caused by that same friend who was also responsible for u to become such a lovely blogger! Then, after my first visit to your blog, now there is lot of improvement to the look and appearance of it. Keep it up, i ll be an active listener.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Guna....
    i am really sorry,dat ther is sme misunderstanding,abt the second aticle....Its not true...its just my silly imagination,that worked...n my fb friend is always a frend n a sibling to me....n that frend can nevr giv me pain...:)yup,i changed the luk n appearence..it was kinda tough 2 read b4,right?hmm...i wil surely keep posting..n ur comments r always welcome....thank you Guna.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. @The Invisible Writeress: Pleaze plz do not feel sorry. I am now very pleased and happy to know that it was such a powerful imagination, which only a gifted writer could have. Believe me its not at all easy for any one to just imagine something like this and write it, so that the readers do not guess that it is purely imagination! Very well done miss Invisible...Indeed u and ur frnd r both lucky to have each other. May god bless you both :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This does look promising. I’ll keep coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi untrappable,
    Will surely try my best to do better......:)
    Thanks for the comment......

    ReplyDelete